Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mauling Some Animals

I went to a village today to visit the house of one of the future Habitat for Humanity Homeowners. Ionela lives with her husband, 3 year old daughter and 1 year old twin boys in one room in the house of her mother. Her brother, his wife, 4 year old daughter and 4 month old son also live there. It is very crowded!! They did have a ton of animals though!!
A lot of Romanian Peasants raise Pigeons as a hobby. I'm not sure why though because you don't eat the eggs and they crap everywhere!! He was poohing on me....hence the face. haha.
They had two pigs



A horse that I rode bare-back on. They do not have saddles here. I didn't go far.
Some flea ridden puppies. Sad. There were also a ton of baby peeps that I got to hold.
These donkeys were on a mountain road. There were 9 of them just wandering aimlessly.

They were very friendly. Cristian even touched them and he haaates dirty animals.

I went to the Habitat Construction Manager's house the other day. He has 37 rabbits!!! Last year he only had 3!! All different kinds.
Babies


Huge ears
He also has 2 dogs that he doesn't take very good care of. People in the country side chain the dogs up on very short leashes to bark and scare thieves and wolves away. This one had a puppy last year but it died after a few months. It was sad.
Tiny baby bunny!! Looks more like a groundhog. They were only 15 days old but old enough to be held without the mom eating them. I asked.
So cute!!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home